The presentation will include:
1. EATING OUT IN THE BRONX
Over 25 restaurants-including Jahn’s and Krum’s.
2. THE GRAND CONCOURSE
Over 12 beautiful pictures.
3. THE ART DECO OF THE BRONX
Over 12 example of art deco-inside and outside.
4. THE BRONX DELIS-EAST & WEST BRONX
Two dozen of our favorite eateries.
5. FORDHAM ROAD
Over 20 fabulous pictures of this shopping. mecca
About a dozen wonderful slides from 1960-1964.
7. HIGHBRIDGE SECTION
Ogden Avenue, Shakespeare, Woodycrest Avenue, and the High Bridge.
8. BRONX HOSPITALS
Morrisania, Bronx Hospital, Bronx Lebanon, Fordham Hospital, Eye, Ear & Nose.
9. THE HUB & AREA AROUND 149th
Shopping memories that are brought to life.
10. BRONX MOVIE THEATRES
INCLUDING THE LOEW’S PARADISE
Over 100 movie theatres that everyone remembers frequenting on Saturday mornings and sometimes for a first date.
11. SWIMMING IN THE BRONX-ORCHARD BEACH, SHOREHAVEN, CASTLE HILL, BRONX BEACH AND POOL, MIRAMAR, PALM BEACH & CASCADES POOL
More than three dozen fabulous pictures.
At one time, this was the largest high rise development that was a home to tens of thousands.
13. BRONX ZOO
W’ve got wonderful color pictures from the 1950’s.
14. BRONX PARKS: CROTONA PARK, ECHO PARK PARK, ST MARYS, POE PARK
We all grew up near a park in The Bronx.
15. PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Over 50 elementary schools and all the high schools-find yours.
16. SHOPPING IN THE BRONX: ALEXANDER’S, LOEHMANN’S, JOHNS BARGAIN STORE, NATIONAL SHOES, TOM MCAN
We’ve got all of these and more, and even Raymond The Bagelman selling pretzels in front of Alexander’s.
17. TRANSPORTAION IN THE BRONX-TRAINS, BUSES AND TROLLEYS
We have all three modes of transportation from the 1940’s and most are in color!
18 YANKEE STADIUM
From opening day in 1923 through the 1960’s.
19. BRONX CELEBRITY INTERVIEWS
Back In THE BRONX interviews with Regis, Chazz, Dion, Robert Klein, Garry Marshall and many others.-They weren’t born celebrities, but if it weren’t for their childhoods in The Bronx, they may never have become celebrities. Hear what they have to say.
20. MAJOR BRONX STREETS & THOROUGHFARES
Boston Road, Southern Blvd, Tremont, Third Ave, 149th St,170 St etc., etc., etc.
21. THE BRONX WE ALL REMEMBER
Botanical Garden, Bronx Bridges, City Island, Hunter, NYU, Hall of Fame, Cross Bronx, Marble Hill, McKinley Square, Santini Bros, Kingsbridge Armory,Fordham Skating Rink.